(This description is intended to provide a general statement as to the normal duties and responsibilities of the job and is not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of this position.)
Handles steel, aluminum, and miscellaneous components partially or completely. Handles and positions work with or without the use of fixtures. Selects proper electrodes and holders, and regulates current and time. Mig welds components into unit using mechanical blueprints. Spaces number of welds in accord with varying conditions and materials to achieve proper fusion, strength and finish while avoiding distortion and burning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(This list is not all inclusive and is subject to change; other duties may be assigned.)
• Assembles product using mechanical blueprints, operator instruction worksheets, and/or verbal order
• Obtains material for operations to be performed
• Fastens parts together with screws, clamps, nuts, industrial glue, or other components with or without tools
• Mig welds steel parts together
• Removes materials with or without tools
• Completes all functions associated with the building of parts in a timely manner and produces quality work
• Packages, counts, seals, inspects, cleans, sorts, and/or prepares materials, parts, and/or finished goods
• Performs safety and housekeeping duties
• Participates in required training and applies safety skills/knowledge
• Participates in continuous improvement teams and/or empowerment teams
• Utilizes S.P.C. tools including gauging and other quality tools
• Possesses personal hand tools and tool box according to the employee handbook
• Accurately completes required documentation
• Participates in training of co-workers in all aspects of job responsibilities
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Parts Supervisor, other supervisors as required, and/or Manufacturing Manager
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Possesses post-high school or vocational training in mig welding or work experience equivalent
• Demonstrates proficiency in mig welding – demonstrated by pre-employment welding test
• Demonstrates proficiency in reading tape measures and other measuring devices
• Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics (fractions, decimals, conversions, etc.)
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the various types/forms of steel
• Possesses and applies skill and ability to use hand electric/pneumatic tools
• Possesses and applies knowledge of basic mechanical skills in various operations
• Possesses and applies skill and ability to read mechanical blueprints
• Demonstrates ability to think ahead and manage time effectively
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position will require the following: walking, sitting, using hands and fingers to handle or feel objects/tools/controls, using vibratory tools, reaching with hands and arms, balancing, stooping, talking and hearing.
• This person will be required to lift up to 50 lbs frequently. This person may be required to lift up to 75 lbs with assistance.
• While performing the duties of this job, this person may be exposed to a noise level that is usually minimal but may be elevated at times.
For a more detailed description of this position please apply APPLY NOW.