This device is utilized to center and square product across the width of the conveyor to feed strappers or other machinery. A Magnetic Particle Clutch is provided to control the amount of pressure applied to the sides of the product. The device also includes "articulating" heads with scalloped edges to ensure contact with the bottom of the load and to "break" or "fold-up" bottom sheets along the sides of the load. This unit is an integral part of a Power Live (PLR) or Power Accumulating (PARC) Roller Conveyor.
Centering Heads: Two (2) 48'' wide x 1/2'' Steel Head Weldments mounted to 4'' Dia. Tapered Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) trolley wheels that ride in a structural channel track. The heads are driven by two #60 chains connected to a common 1-1/2'' dia shaft mounted in precision pillow block bearings.
- Articulating Heads are "spring-loaded" to fold-up along both sides of the product.
- Scalloped Heads are provided which ride below the roller surface to ensure contact with the bottom of product. The Heads include a UHMW wear strip, which is in contact with the rollers.
- Overall Width only adds 14'' to each side of the "Thru Clearance."
- Optional "Non-Articulating" Heads are available for machine infeeds or pallet applications.
- Optional OEM Controls are available for Stand-Alone units.
Drive: 1 HP totally enclosed industrial rated 1750 rpm motor/reducer with magnetic particle clutch. Drive Package located within and under the device.
Optional Feature: Full height (48'') Backstop mounted to Articulating Head for load stability.
Speed: Head speed is a constant 45 fpm
Preassembly: Unit is wired and (if applicable) plumbed to a junction box at the factory.
Conveyor Height: 12'' TOR minimum with Leg and Device Extensions available for other heights.
Capacity: 5,000 lbs. maximum
Voltage: System Voltage is 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 60 hertz with 115 volt, single phase control voltage.
Back to Products.