C&M Conveyor is an industry-leading supplier to the corrugated box, folding carton and printing industries. Our products create efficiencies that allow plants to maximize throughput and take more profit to the bottom line. Our products and services are in great demand and we are adding staff to meet our customer’s needs.
We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer.
As an Automation Engineer for C&M Conveyor, you will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team of technical professionals that design, program, install and support our advanced material handling systems throughout the world. It’s a fast-paced environment in which to work and there will be tight deadlines to complete assignments.
Our professional Automation Engineers have great problem-solving skills and are quick to accept a challenge. As part of our continuous improvement team, you will be empowered to thoroughly think through situations and create great solutions. You’ll also have the opportunity to directly interface with our customers as you demonstrate and train them to properly operate our state-of-the-art material handling systems.
- Minimum four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in system engineering related to automated systems.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (current versions)
- In-depth understanding of indirect addressing
- Understanding of Structured Text programming in Control Logix
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC’s
- Familiarity with material handling systems design (or equivalent)
- Experience conducting system field startup activities
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments
- Must be able and willing to travel and/or work at customer sites approximately 50% of the time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Willing and able to work in a plant environment with temperatures of ninety degrees or higher.
If you have that special mechanical/electrical ability and reasoning power, work well in a team environment and love to travel, this is an opportunity you need to know more about!
This description is intended to provide a general statement as to the normal duties and responsibilities of the job and is not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
For a more detailed description of this position please APPLY NOW.