Right Angle Transfer (RAT)
This device utilizes a Transfer Head to push the product off a conveyor onto a perpendicular or parallel conveyor. This unit is often utilized in pallet applications, transfer of product onto non-power conveyor, and transfer of product onto parallel conveyors when only one device is desired. This unit is also used for palletizing applications and transfer of product onto protective base sheets (requires optional Sheet Clamp). Overstroke is available as an option to ensure that the product is fully transferred onto a parallel conveyor. This unit is an integral part of a Non-Power (NP), Power Live (PLR), or Power Accumulating (PARC) Roller Conveyor.
Transfer Head: 4'' high x 15'' long with 1/2'' Steel Sideplates and Structural Angle Cross-Bars driven by two (2) #60 Chains connected to a common 1-1/2'' dia shaft mounted in precision pillow block bearings.
- Head rides in Structural Steel Guide with two (2) idler bearings and one (1) Support Wheel per side.
- Optional "Wiper Strip" available for sheet transfer applications.
- Optional Head Extensions of 12'' and 48'' available for more contact and stability against load.
Drive: 1 HP totally enclosed industrial rated 1750 rpm motor mounted to an in-line reducer for the speed reduction as specified. Drive motor with in-line reducer is grease-filled and maintenance-free for a 2-year period. Drive Package is located within and under the device.
- Rotary Limitswitch with #40 Chain & Sprocket connection to the Drive Shaft provide adjustable Forward and Rear Head positions.
Preassembly: Unit is wired and (when applicable) plumbed to a junction box at the factory.
- Roller Brake is mounted and plumbed (when applicable) at the factory.
Bridge: Optional Bridge Extensions available for applications when required. Standard length 2'.
Conveyor Height: 12'' TOR minimum with Leg and Device Extensions available for other heights.
Speed: 30, 45, 60, 70, or 90 F.P.M. available
Capacity: 5,000 lbs. maximum
Voltage: System Voltage is 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 60 hertz with 115 volt, single phase control voltage.