Belt Driven Conveyor, with 2-1/2″ “Drop-In” Rollers on 3″ centers utilizes air mounted pressure racks to drive separate sections of the conveyor as required for areas of separate control. This conveyor is of modular design, consisting of a Drive, Take-Up and (as required) Midsections, which can be extended to a maximum of 50′ on a single drive, and structurally can handle up to 3,000 lbs. per foot. Air mounts can be provided as “shared,” which is commonly utilized in contact accumulation, or “double” to provide individual control for each midsection for zones or non-contact type accumulation.
Drive Sections: Freestanding “weldments” available in lengths from 3′ through 6′-6” in 3” increments. Additional cross bracing is provided to minimize flexing of unit.
- 7” dia. Drive Pulley with vulcanized rubber surface; 1-1/2” dia. shaft mounted in precision pillow block bearings.
- Drive has a totally enclosed industrial rated 1750 rpm motor mounted to an in-line reducer for the speed reduction as specified. Drive motor and in-line reducer are grease-filled and maintenance-free for a two-year period.
- Drive package located within and under the side frames and requires no pits or floor work.
Take-Up Sections: Freestanding “weldments” available in lengths from 3′ through 6′-6” in 3” increments. Additional cross bracing is provided to minimize flexing of unit.
- Take-Up Pulley is 4” dia. crowned with 18” face width; 1-1/4” dia. shaft mounted in precision pillow block bearings with captive screw set horizontal adjustment for belt tracking.
Midsections: Knocked down or Optional Free Standing with “shared” or “double” air mounts.
- Lengths from 1′ through 6′-6” in 3” increments.
- (Zoned conveyor requires midsections to match zone length and “double” air mounts.)
Sideframes: 5” x 6.7# Structural Channel with 1/4” x 2-1/2” “drop-in” roller support bar.
- Structural load rating is 3,000 lbs. per foot.
Load Carrying Rollers: 2-1/2” O.D. x 10 Ga. wall “Drop-In” Style.
- Counter-bored to accept a grease-packed Teflon sealed bearing (lubricant is waterproof and high temperature) having twelve _” hardened ball bearings.
- Rollers supported by a “captivated” 11/16” hex shaft.
- Load rating is 750 lbs. per roller.
Pressure & Return Rollers: 2-1/2” O.D. x 10 Ga. wall “Spring Retained.”
- Counter-bored to accept a grease-packed bearing supported by a 5/8 ” hex shaft.
- Pressure rollers are located alternately between Load Carrying rollers (approx 6”).
- Return Rollers are supported at each support leg.
Pressure Racks: 2” x 2” x 1/4” Structural Angle Weldment with 6” dia. Air Mounts.
- Racks are vertically adjustable for increased or decreased drive against Load Carrying Rollers.
- Universal pressure rollers frame permit easy field conversion from standard power to accumulating conveyor.
Support Legs: Full-width weldment, which is free standing and supports the conveyor at each Midsection joint (except Drives & Take-Ups). Each leg has an angle brave weldment, which accepts the two sideframes when bolted on the side and bottom to literally lock conveyor section in place, and makes it part of the leg weldment. This design provides the maximum in longitudinal rigidity.
Belting: 15” wide Nylock cord woven with PVC face providing 120 lbs. per inch of width tensile strength.
- Belts are available (upon request) cut to length and prelaced with clippard lacing.
Roller Brakes: Floor Mounted Assemblies with adjustable upper limits to provide positive contact with the load-carrying roller to prevent coast.
- Available in lengths of 10” and 34” and include 6” diameter Air Mount.
Conveyor Height: 12” TOR minimum with Leg Extensions available for other heights required.
Voltage: System Voltage is 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 60 hertz with 115 volt, single-phase control voltage.
Motor: 1HP or 1-1/2HP.
“Drop-In” Rollers: Eliminates pinching hazards and provides maintenance access to drive and controls.
End Guards: Safety Guards are provided at the ends of Drive or Take-Up Sections, which are exposed to cover moving drive components.
Drive Motor Disconnects: Three-phase switches provided for all drive motors, which conform to the maintenance “lock-out/tag-out” requirements.
Internal Photoeyes: All photoeyes are mounted underneath the conveyor to eliminate tripping hazards and protect them from damage.
Normally Off Controls: Drive Motor is energized only when material is present on the conveyor which reduces unwanted wear on the conveyor and provides energy conservation for the end user.
Crosswalks: Employee crossover is provided with “drop-in” crosswalks. These units simply replace a roller and can be easily added or moved when required.
Zero Energy Compliance: Electrical and Pneumatic Disconnects at the Control Panel allow system to be totally disabled including the exhaust of trapped air in the system. OSHA Regulation #29CFR1910.147.
Installation Materials (optional): Engineered Conduit Layouts and prelabeled Wire Bundles allow installation downtime to be minimized.
Chain-Assist Rollers (optional): Chain-Driven Rollers are provided at the ends of drives and/or take-up sections when drive is required to the end rollers.
Roller Surfacing (optional): Load Carrying Rollers can be “knurled” to provide additional drive in pallet applications.
Back to Systems.